Thursday, September 10, 2009

Week #1

I have settled into my dwelling with Candler and EK. I was introduced to seven things that are referred to as "animals" and was nervous with their boisterous activity at first. One of them is particularly excited all the time, the other, canine if you will, is very protective of the home. There are four cats and they don't quite know what to do with me yet; hell, I don't even know what to do with them. There is also this animal called a rabbit. It has ears that are as long as it's body. Confusing. Overall, I have found the company of these people enjoyable. My interaction this week has been limited to them specifically, but there has been talk of a coffee meeting with some friends of theirs this coming week.

I hope to probe for more answers in the coming weeks and be able to report specifics back as I learn of them. One of the dynamics that I have been privileged to already is that of a working household. Candler has taught me of some simple daily tasks and EK enlightened me of "proper" etiquette at the dinner table. Much of what has been shown to me until now is from what the two of them grew up learning. These two humans, have shown an amazing amount of care for me so far and have made me feel welcome. I shall continue writing of my experiences as they occur.

Here is a video that I saw the first night I was here. This planet should be very interesting to experience.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/74/the-landlord-from-will-ferrell-and-adam-ghost-panther-mckay

1 comment: